Friday, August 17, 2012

Kadayawan sa Davao 2012 Presents Sayaw Mindanaw


Colorful costumes, smiling people and enthusiastic participants were just common scenarios during the culmination of Sayaw Mindanaw 2012 at SM City Davao as part of the celebration of the Kadayawan Festival 2012 last August 16, 2012.

 
Participants for Children and Open categories from all over Mindanao have been preparing for this event. Finally, after months of rehearsals, each tribe was able to showcase their culture on stage by dance and theatre ensembles.

Here are the participants from different tribes and different categories:


 
Some tribes featured some creatures like Bakunawa and giant lizard:

 
The stage and the audiences were all set:



The colorful and yeah, expensive props:
 
There are two categories, the Children’s Category and the Open Category.

The Sumimao Elementary School Dance Troupe commenced the Sayaw Mindanaw 2012 under Children’s Category. I like their performance because of the presence of monkeys. These kids wearing the monkey costumes can act too.

 
The story is all about a tribe struggling to protect their farm against annoying monkeys. I enjoyed their performance so I will rate it 8.5/10

 
The next performer was from C. Villa ABrille Dance Club. It is all about the Marine lifestyle of their tribe.

 
They projected how their tribe lives under the mercy of the sea. For the cultural content, I will rate them 7.5/10.

 
Next was V. Hizon Elementary School Dance Troupe, still under the Children’s Category.  I like their performance because children can get a moral lesson out of it. For the values and the entertaining factor, I will rate it 8/10

 
The KTMCES Dance Troupe showed a very colorful and amazing performance. It’s all about the marriage ritual of their tribe. They presented how they celebrate wedding from preparation to the rites.  My rate for them is 9/10.

 
And the last performer under Children’s Category was from Matina Central Dance Troupe. I guess what made their group very appealing to the viewers was the presence of the creature called Bakunawa:

 
For the entertaining factor plus the values learned and the cultural aspect of their performance, I will give 9/10.

 
For the Open Category, the first performer was Kathara Dance Theatre Collective. I was carried away with the energy of the performers and their colorful costumes and props held my attention for the whole duration of their performance. With that, I give them 8/10.

 
Next was from the Agro HS Dance Troupe. The energy, the music and the concept of their performance were all spectacular. No doubt, I will give 8.5/10 to this group.

 
And excuse me? Are you talking about Energy? Well, the Tnalak Cultural Ensemble from South Cotabato has it too. In fact, it was innate for them. I felt a little bit nostalgic when I was watching their performance because the culture and the music are all familiar to me seeing that I came from South Cotabato. With my objective judgment, I will rate them 9/10.

 
The Kadanao Theatre Collective owned the stage with their “bambooful” performance. I will give them 8.5/10.

 
But when Madayaw Cultural Ensemble entered the stage, I was aghast. And I just said, Wow!.. they nailed it!!! 9.5/10 rate goes to them.

 
Indak Kabataan Ensemble followed next with a very culture-rich performance. My rating for them is 8/10.

 
And last but not the least was from Karegan Cultural Ensemble. My rating for them is. 7.5/10

Ten tribes, one vibe. despite the diversity of culture and tribes, we the Mindanaoans are united under one solid Island.

God Bless Mindanao!

And on that note, let me say:

Happy Kadayawan Festival.

Children Category:
1st Place – Cesario Villa Abrille Dance Club
2nd Place – Matina Central Dance Troupe
3rd Place – Vicente Hizon Dance Troupe

Open Category:
1st Place – Kadanao Theatre Collective
2nd Place – Kathara Dance Theatre Collective Inc.
3rd Place – Tinalak Cultural Ensemble

30 comments:

  1. Love the 18th photo and the second to the last :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dems.. sorry, im not an expert on this..hehehe

      Delete
  2. this looks so exciting..this is one of my travel places to visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must really visit davao soon...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Wished you were able to a closer shot though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish I have better camera too...hehehe

      Delete
  4. Oh wow...this is awesome! Thanks!

    This is your auntie diday by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey... thank you auntie... hehehe

      Delete
    2. paano mag subscribe using my facebook link? Just email your response to me.

      Delete
    3. You can like my page https://www.facebook.com/provokedthoughts

      Delete
  5. I always like to see people like on the pictures. Talented, real and happy people. Kadayawan is indeed the most awaited event (in Davao) of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True indeed!!!.. Kadayawan Festival is the King of all Festivals...

      Delete
  6. Such a festive atmosphere. Had me tempted to visit Davao again for another Kadayawan festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We Filipinos are really very creative, and it is showcased here again why...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Festivals are more fun in the Philippines :) Very colorful and lively festival

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Actually the school where my kids are studying won the FIRST PLACE. They get PHp75,000 for that. Job well done kids. KUDOS VILLA-ABRILLE!!!!

      Delete
    2. yeah, congratz to Villa Abrille

      Delete
  10. looks like a fun and attractive event. i miss watching these at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have to love it when kids are having a lot of fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one of a kind colorful festival. Simply fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always amazed when I see talented kids perform. I never get tired watching them. Kadayawan is such a colorful festival.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The amount of preparation for this event is quite evident through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun and colorful event! How i wish i could visit davao! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice documentation of kadayawan festival activities. I was in SM when this was happening but went there to eat lang =) good work buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cultural presentations are really a feast for the eyes. such explosion of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Be it indoors or outdoors, Kadayawan is really fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Say Something