Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I Attended Social Media Day 2012

Social Media is undeniably one of the most effective way to communicate and interact with people around a globe nowadays. No wonder why Facebook and Twitter attract more users everyday. There are a lot of social media platforms available online where you can share your photos, status and your opinion on whatever topic is trending.

As an avid user of different social media platforms, I joined the 3rd Social Media Day here in Davao City. I received a free invite from Davao Bloggers and I said yes because I know this is an event I should not miss because we are making history here in Davao City. As far as I know, this is the first time that Davao City participated in the SOCIAL MEDIA DAY.

What is Social Media Day anyway and who started this?

According to Mashable, the one who started the Social Media Day:

"Social Media Day is an annual global event on June 30 that recognizes the digital revolution happening right before our eyes. Whether we’re reporting about new online networks on Mashable or listening to inspiring stories from our readers, we’ve seen how this increasingly connected world is quickly changing lives across the globe."

So on the night of June 30, 2012, a social media day event was organized by the Davao Bloggers here in Davao City and I am proud to be one of the participants in the first ever Social Media Day Davao.

I have learned a lot in the panel discussion. Four social media enthusiasts graced the said event and discussed with us how Social Media helped them in their respective advocacies.


Then we also played Quiz B, it's all about Social Media trivia. We played a lot of fun and exciting games. Overall, I enjoyed the event, and I learned.


And in case you would like to know, aside from this blog, I am active in the following Social Media platforms:

Twitter: @malditongserjz
Facebook: Facebook.com/malditongserjz
Plurk: Plurk.com/eigrihs
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/116553319740467021415/posts
Tumblr: privateshirgie.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something