Friday, January 13, 2012

My Answer to the Question “How to Live A Life of Miracles?”


I accidentally purchased this book entitled “How to Live A Life of Miracles” by Bo Sanchez. I bought this book because I want to get his autograph. As an avid reader of his articles in Kerygma magazine and some of his inspiring books, meeting Bo Sanchez is a once in a lifetime opportunity. But what really called my attention and made me decide to buy this book is the disclaimer posted in the cover page of the book which says:

 
Who doesn’t want to be successful? I am fully aware that this is just part of the promotion, but I know that each of us has some perspective in life that needs to be changed and reading books like this can help us initiate the change we need to implement in our lives. Knowing the fact that it is Bo Sanchez wrote the book, it is already given that the content is very realistic, something that you could relate and you can apply to your very own life.


The book has revealed the 7 keys for you to open yourself to Blessings and Happiness in life. This sounds promising, but it is the title that really struck me. 

“How to Live a life of Miracles?”

I don’t have any single idea how, and why we need miracles. WE need money, we need food, we need shelter, we need each other. But miracles? Why? Only sick people and dying people and desperate people need it. So why are we going to struggle our self in the pursuit of miracles? I don’t need it, and I’m sure every single happy man can live without it.

But after reading the book, I realized I was wrong. I realized that whether we need it or not, we are living under the mercy of miracles, and we are not aware about that. It took a little briefing for us to realize that it exists and it is just thriving around us and we just need to be AWARE about it so we can live a life of miracles. 

If you are not aware yet, then I would like to inform you that you are a miracle. Yes, you. Your body, your personality and your life. You are a living testimony that there are miracles as opposed to Nora Aunor’s famous line “Walang Himala”. Can you imagine how many sperm cells raced their way to unite with your mother’s egg cell just to produce you? If you are going to think about it, it’s so amazing how God works for your existence here on earth. From the moment your mother and your father met, you are already destined to live. Ask your parents to share their love story and you will realize that the story happened because of you, because of God’s plan for your existence. I think it’s enough to be considered as a miracle. If your father met other woman, then there will be no you. Amazing right?


In the book, you will find the 7 keys to achieve a miraculous life which can be generally defined aa successful, happy, blessed and contented life. Miracles are gift from God and only those who are worthy can receive it from God. You remember the exodus of Israelites from Egypt to the land of promise? God has given them the opportunity to enjoy the land of flowing milk and honey, but because some of them are just too afraid to take the risk, only few Israelites were able to enter the land of promise. Just like the Israelites, God has promised miracles in our life. We are all entitled to enjoy a happy and successful life. But the question is, are you worthy and ready for this kind of life? Let’s go back to the Israelites. After the struggles of escaping from Egypt, they were able to reach the land of promise, but they stayed camping outside the land for another 40 years because they are afraid to face the giants that occupied the place. God has a promise, a wonderful promise to each of us, but it is not easy to reach God’s promise. There are many giants along the way that we must face. If there’s an easy way to success, then I bet all of us are rich right now. Only those who have the courage to face the giants can get the reward. In the case of Israelites, only Joshua and his family fought against the giand and they are the only Israelites who entered the land of flowing milk and honey, the land of abundance, the land that God had promised to all Israelties. Even Moses and other Israelites were not able to enter the land because they became cowards when they saw the giants.
The point here is, if you want to live a life of miracle, you must be courageous enough to accept miracles. There is no easy way there, you must face your own giants. Every day is a battle, and only those who can stand against the enemies can receive and live a life of miracles.


I suggest you read the book, it is very inspirational and it will provide you good spiritual insights on how to become successful in life. So next time you say, “Nakakainggit naman si Henry Sy, ang daming pera” or “I wish ako na lang si Piolo Pascual, kasi sikat na sikat”, or “Sana maging katulad ako ni Manny Pangilinan o kaya ni Mr. Lopez”, think!!! These wealthy, famous and great people work their way to success. Like us, they are not exempted to trials and struggles. But because they believe and they have the courage to face life, they reached that status in life. If they were able to do it, you can also do it. The question is are you courageous enough to trek the road to success?


For me, I am still mastering this kind of attitude. I know that 3 to 5 years from now, I can be somebody. And in that moment, I will brag about my success, not because I want to get attention and praises, but because I want to inspire others and teach them HOW TO LIVE A LIFE OF MIRACLES.


With God, I know I can fly high.
God bless you.

29 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I have 2 books of Bro. Bo and really inspired me and changed my inner software slowly but surely.
    Cheers! God bless to us both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my review. It's really good to read books like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your thoughts,very well said .You really abbsorbed the book and share it to us.by the way who is Manny Pangilinan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a nice book! I am reading Joel Osteen's book right now. I'll buy this book from Bo Sanchez next time around. Thanks for the info!
    http://www.facebook.com/travelonashoestrings
    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @tatess...LOL....Manny Pangilinan is also known as MVP...if you know the companies like TV5, PLDT and Smart, he is the man behind that...He is the man who can afford to pay 1 Billion pesos to Sharon Cuneta...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @traveller...Joel Osteen...wow..I also love his books....I just listened to his preach yesterday via youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. might be the next one on my book shelf too. honestly we all need from time to time books like this to remind us, to motivate us, to inspire us and get us going with heads up high.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice review. Havent read this book, but will give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bo Sanchez's "How to Live a Life of Miracles" from the title alone, is already very suggestive that there are miracles in our life that we're not mindful. We just take them for granted. In my case, the modern-day miracle that will ever happen to us is converting ourselves to the gospel of Jesus Christ and become a new creature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing Sherj:) I will get one! I should say he is a Joel Osteen of the Philippines.they are both inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree that it is God who can shape our success. I mean, technically, we hold our own faith but it is very important that let us allow God to intervene.

    God bless and great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say this every so often that I am always lost. Not really because I dont have a map but I really dont a have a real destination. I thank papa Jesus for showing me the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always up to us how to be successful in life :) what matters is how we handle our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. by just keeping your faith on Him... no matter what happens... that's how... Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miracles is like surprises from God. It will come one day to all of us if we have faith and believe to him. We may not see him, but keeping our faith will help us to build that courage to do well in life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyday is a miracle. God always see to it that everyday is an opportunity for us to mold ourselves into what we are destined to become. Success will always depends on how you will deal with life, with every struggle, with every victory. You just have to hold to to God and trust His will. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This article made me decide to read this book. really intruiging and interesting! I hope mura na to ngayon. hehe thanks for sharing this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting review. I am not into inspirational books as I get my inspiration from something else, but I think this could be helpful for a lot of other people. Once in a while we should find something that will push us to achieve our dreams, and if this book does this for you, then I'm happy for you amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm a follower of Bo Sanchez's writings as well...nag subscribe ako sa Gods'Whispers and it never stopped to amazed me, laging swak ang message...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not much of a book reader but I'm convinced. I should buy his book! I have a friend who for the past two years has been deciding on what he wants to do in life because he is afraid to fail. He needs this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this book is great, i have one back home! thanks for sharing…

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well said! and great review! I'll definitely look for this book. and I also have a suggestion...a nice follow up would be Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren then Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen (which I have to admit is much better) or books by Paolo Coelo (although his are novels but they're contain spiritual insights).

    Everyday is indeed a miracle (from how each of our body parts work to how ideas come out from nothing). and yes with God as our center in all things we do, we can definitely soar high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the Rick waren's purpose driven life already.and I've also read some part of Joel osteen's book.ive also read paolo coelho's the alchemist. Thanks for suggedtion

      Delete
  23. Goodluck on your journey to living a life of miracles :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I can!! ;-) I haven't read this book but I like inspirational readings, they always give you something to ponder on and to stay positive despite the circumstances. In life we have to be brave and believe in miracles, it's like believing that there is a supreme being, or taking a risk and striving to be the best person you can be without being envious of others' success. Thanks for this! a lovely read... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I, myself do believe in miracles. My newborn nephew who was confined in the hospital for intestinal blockage because he failed to pass stool 48 hours after my sister gave birth and was scheduled to an operation, procedure called colostomy and HE is the living proof. All of his lab test results turned NEGATIVE from any intestinal blockage and he is now recovering and starting his new life with his parents. It was a very big relief for my family. Tnx God for that!

    http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a nice book. Everybody has their struggles and must face it no matter what together with guidance :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi.. where can I purchase this book? Always out of stock in National Bookstore =(

    ReplyDelete

Say Something